No sunshine, no problem! Create the perfect extension of your home this summer by adding some warmth of your own.
It’s time to break away from the fluffy slippers and slip into something a little more comfortable! As spring desperately try’s to show its face, we naturally want to venture into our gardens and enjoy some much needed alfresco dining and comfortable lounging.
Whether your garden is big or balcony, I’ve put together some great tips that might mean you can spend a little extra time in your glorious gardens.
- Feel the cold? A fire pit could be the perfect investment for your garden. Not only will one warm you up, but it’ll also create a great feature for any size garden. Melt some marshmallows on a stick over it and invite some friends round. Even on cooler nights, a fire pit creates the perfect ambiance.
- A love seat not only adds the WOW factor to a garden but they are perfect for sunbathing, relaxing and also very romantic. Warm evenings can be spent gazing at the night sky.
- A tree swing. Let’s throw it back to when we were kids, but wait, you can still enjoy one as an adult. The fun never stopped, you did! Add a fashionable tree swing to your garden and everyone that visits will want a go, no matter what the age.
- Keep things simple with easy alfresco tableware. On those few mysterious sunny days a year, the last thing you want to be doing is rushing around perfecting the table. Choose mismatch tableware, easy to recycle napkins and washable plastic cups that take the hassle out of being precious. Use small milk jugs from the kitchen and pop some herbs in, which can then be used on food as well as looking great on the table.
- If you’re planning on upgrading your garden furniture, go modern and save space! Look for simple lines rather than large modular seating. It looks great, cleans effortlessly and is much easier to store.
- Outdoor fairy lights are perfect if you like spending time in the garden of an evening or planning an event. They create a great ambiance for both small and large spaces.
Read Gravitas magazine to see is as featured here
For more great tips on how to make the most out of your home and garden this summer follow me on www.instagram.com/home.ideology